This chic rustic style “Keys to Success” idea can double as your graduation party guestbook and is an easy afternoon project!
- 1 Small or Medium Box
- Tags for guests to write their “keys To Success”
- Keys (Based on your preference you can purchase small keys to glue on the card or larger ones that you can secure to the tag with string or yarn)
- Glue Stick
- String or Yarn
- Fine Point Sharpie Marker
Box: Obtain a small or medium box that is big enough for your guests to place their “keys. I found this wooden box at Marshalls for a couple of dollars. I chose this box because of it reminded me of a hope chest and it had clasps on the front to secure my success notes.
Tags: I suggest using packing tags as they have a hole for you to tie the keys to.
Keys: I did a mixture of small and large keys to have different dimensions and allow the guests to have various options.
Small Keys and Tags
- Take a tag and run the glue stick on the left side of the tag near the opening.
- Take one of the small keys and place on the glue part of the tag and hold for 30 seconds.
- Place tag and key to the side and let it dry for at least an hour.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for the rest of the tags and keys.
Large Keys and Tags
- Take the yarn or string and cut into 3″- 4″ pieces till you have enough for each tag.
- Take a large key and place a tag on top of the key, aligning the holes.
- Take a cut piece of yarn or string and put in through the keyhole and tag hole.
- Grab the other end of the yarn or string so that the key and tag are hanging.
- Knot both of the ends securely.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for the rest of the tags and keys.