Creating a Wooden Picture Poster
Help! My house is being taken over by picture frames! My love for photography and displaying moments in time around my house have left me with little room to add more photos. Over the weekend I took about 10 photos that I wanted to hang up and created a picture board. I went to my local craft store and found medium pieces of wood, paint, string, and clothespins and headed back home to get started!
- Three pieces of 6″ x 30″ wood
- One piece of 2″ x 4″ wood
- Yard of thick string
- Packet of clothespin
- Wood letters
- Wood glue
- Wood paint (I used the colors: Shark and Cream)
- Screwdriver and screws
- Staple gun
- Paint the three pieces of wood with your desired color and let dry.
- Using the second desired color wood paint, paint your letters and let dry.
- Take the 2″ x 4″ piece of wood and cut to fit the back of the three pieces of wood, to bind them together. You will want to cut two pieces to screw together the pieces of wood.
- Cut the thick string to fit the width of the three wood boards and staple the string to the back with a staple gun on each side to create a hanging line. Repeat twice, to create three rows of hanging line.
- Plot out your photos and letters with the clothespin.