The sound of gravel broke the quiet of the night as he turned into the driveway, from working his 16th day straight. As he turned off the engine and dimmed down the headlights, I slowly took off the cover on the steaming pot, and let the sweet creamy aroma of winter and comfort fill the house. Sundays are my favorite days for getting creative and crafty in the kitchen, this cold snowy Sunday was fitting for my Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup. We had a herbed roasted chicken the night before with vegetables, which made it a perfect startup for our Sunday soup feast.
But oh no, soup takes too long, I don’t have enough time in the day to sit and watch a pot. Don’t run away! This soup took me less than 2 hours, very little attentiveness and we had leftovers for the next several days to come. So if you have any cold, rainy days where you’re going to be in your comfy leggings and an oversized shirt, watching binge-watching This Is Us or Friends, this is the perfect meal to make.
- Melt the butter in a large pot, adding the onions and saute until they are soft
- Add the garlic to the pot, cook until they are slightly roasted
- Pour in the chicken broth and let boil for 10 minutes on medium heat
- Add the carrots and celery to the boiling broth and cook for 10-12 minutes on medium heat, until carrots and celery are slightly soft
- Take the shredded or cubed pre-cooked chicken along with the noodles and herbs,
addto the pot and stir in the ingredients and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat
- Grab your soup ladle, favorite bowl and the biggest spoon you have
- Pour your delicious, cozy creation into your bowl, top with oyster crackers, and enjoy!